Popular Posts

Friday, August 12, 2011

Today's doctor visit

35w1d. Doctor appointment was this morning and so far she's not dilated any. I wasn't expecting her to be. Not sure if she is frustrated, but I know at the moment she is feeling quite miserable. The tempature here has been terrible. She is not usually one to complain, get overly hot or sweat near like I do but with the head index raising the outside air to 115 degrees..needless to say she's not happy. Not much longer left and it will all be over. That is what I keep telling her, just remember how long you wanted to experience being pregnant and having a child and do your best to take it all in because when you have him you will want him back inside you. At least that's how I felt with my daughter when I had her.

Speaking of, at the moment she is in a program that started in July and will finish in December of this year. She is currently 2 hours away from me. It is run by the National Guard and I've had a few friends that attended it and came out of there totally different not to mention graduated. C has struggled in school for years and has already been held back twice now. The last year we've had trouble with her and boys, and let's just say long story short...going to a military school for 5 months was something she needed and something she really wanted to do. They wouldn't even interview her if she didn't want to attend on her own. When she found out she was accepted she yelled and ran around the house screaming. She knows that with her turning 17 soon that she's got to start changing things in her life and get on the right path. Thankfully she's caught on to this before it is too late.

The first two weeks were the hardest. Basically they are treated like they are in bootcamp and I had no contact with her. No contact...with my daughter...for two weeks. UGH Miserable isn't putting it nicely. Thankfully she made it threw that with flying colors. She was hand picked to try out for color guard and I just found out this past Sunday she made it. She's really proud of herself as she should be. Her goal she set for herself was to not ask to come home. I know it's hard for her. She's really homesick and with them only having one ten minute phone call on Sunday's it makes it that much harder. I've tried to write her and send her fun little letters daily at least so she will have that coming in, but when she hears me answer on Sunday she always breaks down and cries. The two calls we have got she has apologized to D and I for her actions. THAT was something I was not expecting much less so soon. Literally in tears about how she can't believe her actions expecially knowing she has a brother on the way. What have they done with my daughter?! I'll tell you what...they have finally started chipping away the bad and showing her what D and I have been telling her for years...there is such a beautiful and wonderful person in there but she had to find it for herself.

She is now getting there. Thankfully.

I love my family. I really love my family.

1 comment:

  1. An exciting baby blog youve got here. =) Although i am not a mom yet, I am so excited to read about other moms.
    Followed you. And maybe you can visit me someday.



    ♥ thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete